Thursday, May 1, 2008

Leffel Family Tree - Ancestors of Mable Edna Leffel Baldwin

Mable Leffel and niece, Della Cotter
Our Grandmother, Mabel Edna Leffel, was born on 21 November 1900 in True, Young County, Texas, the daughter of Charles Edgar Leffel and Caldona Jane BoxMabel Leffel married Jesse W. Baldwin on Dec. 25, 1917, in Mountain Park, Oklahoma.  Jesse and Mabel had fourteen children.  They were married almost 55 years when Jesse died in 1972. 

Mabel Edna Leffel is on the left and her niece, Della Cotter, is on the right. Quite the hat Della is wearing!

The Leffel family is originally from Germany, and first settled in Pennsylvania.  From Pennsylvania they moved into Virginia then to Ohio.  Our Leffel family then moved to Texas in the 1850's.

The Box side of the family is southern -- Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina.

Surnames in this family include: Leffel, Miller, West, McKee, Box, Fulcher, Johnson and Hellums.

User name on Ancestry.com is cmyroots and click to view the LEFFEL BOX FAMILY TREE.  An Ancestry.com membership is needed to view the family tree - if you don't have one contact me for a free invite. 

1 comment:

Alecia said...

I believe Mabel is my g grandma's sister, Annie Eufamie Leffel. She married my g grandfather, George Robert Wilhoit in the Graham, Tx area in 1899. My mother is a Willhoit. My grandfather is their youngest son, Millard Leon Willhoit. He passed away in 2003. I have been trying to trace my g grandfathers Indian heritage.

Alecia